Saturday, October 11, 2003

You won’t have Nixon to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference.

As Halloween nears, both Den Beste and Bush have begun propagating a new conventional wisdom on Iraq. The liberal media is making it sound much worse than it is, and its worse than it would be if the liberal media stopped giving support to the terrorists.

I don't watch Fox news, but I regularly read headline stories from The Washington Times. I might have seen one or two stories about some good things happening in Iraq a long time ago, but even they seem to find more bad news to write about. Are Fox News and The Washington Tines false conservative news outlets, or are there more stories than I've seen, or do conservative as well as liberal news outlets find violence to be more newsworthy? If the latter, those who allege deliberate manipulation perhaps owe an apology.

No comments: