Monday, February 09, 2004

The newest blog to top the People Also Visit part of the Alexa toolbar while visiting the Art of Peace is TalkLeft. As always, I visited and thought hard about what we might have in common.

Their tagline is pithy and accurate. "Liberal coverage of crime-related political and injustice news". We are both liberal blogs, but although I've expressed the view that long jail terms and huge prison populations can be expensive and counterproductive, it's not the main focus of my blog. Also I don't consider myself a 'typical' liberal, I make an extra effort to read conservative blogs and think hard about them, and make a point of noting when the party line Democratic and or liberal view seems wrong.

They certainly have a nice three column layout. They are updated more frequently than this blog is. Their prose is smooth. If we have more in common than two random left of center blogs would be expected to have in common by chance, I haven't found it yet. Either it's a statistical artifact, or Alexa sees something I don't.

No comments: